PEANUT BUTTER PIN WHEELS
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine , softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 36 to 40 REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures
- Additional granulated sugar
- powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons REESE'S Peanut Butter , creamy
- Beat cream cheese, butter, granulated sugar and
vanilla in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Stir together flour
and salt; gradually beat into cream cheese mixture, beating until well
blended. Divide dough into half; cover and refrigerate about an hour or
- Remove wrappers from
peanut butter cups. Carefully place each peanut butter cup on its side
and cut through the cup, separating the top from the peanut butter
filling and bottom. Set the peanut butter cup tops aside. Chop the
bottom sections with a little bit of granulated sugar into very fine
pieces; set aside. (The granulated sugar helps to keep the mixture from
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line
cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease lightly. Roll half of
dough at a time on lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/8 inch.
(Keep remaining dough in refrigerator until ready to use.) Cut into
3-inch squares. Use spatula to lift and place squares 1 inch apart on
prepared cookie sheet.
- Place about 1
teaspoon of chopped peanut butter cup mixture in center of each square.
Cut from each corner of square to within 1/2 inch of center and
filling. Bring every other point into center and press dough together
to form pinwheel.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool cookies completely. Sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar. "Glue" peanut butter cup top to cookie with about 1/4 teaspoon peanut butter to form center of pinwheel. Makes about 36 cookies.